Other Relevant Infrastructures
- Service contract with registered medical waste-disposal company
- Ambulance service (5 minutes from site)
- Three hospitals (within one kilometer, and 5 minute’s drive from site)
- Certified laboratory services at local facilities
- Radiology and scan facility (near site)
- Access to several national and international courier services
Back-up & Emergency Facilities
- Basic life-support equipment and anaphylactic shock treatment kit
- Ambulance service (available within 5 minutes)
- Security firm (informs us within five minutes of a power failure)
- Smoke-detector in document storage room
- Frozen samples delivered to central laboratories within 24 hours
- 12-hour power back–up for server and telephone system
- Real-time off-site electronic data back-up
- Dedicated IT support
- Computers (Lap-tops)
- Copier-scanner (Dedicated)
- ECG programme (Dedicated lap-top)
- Scale (Calibration certificate available on request)
- Height meter
- Room-temperature Centrifuge (Calibration certificate available on request)
- Freezer (-20ºC) Manual temperature log kept on working days
- Fridge (2-8 ºC) Temperature log kept
- Investigational Product Storage Room (Access - and temperature-controlled 24/7 )
- Source-data storage room (Access-controlled, with fire alarm)
- Monitor- /patient-interview rooms (Two)
- Examination rooms (Two)
- Patient-consulting room
- Offices (Two)
- Reception area/waiting-room for patients
- Conference room
- Toilets (Two – one with wheelchair access)
- Kitchen (Fully-equipped)
- Fast Internet (Wireless LAN & ADSL)
Background & History
Excellentis Clinical Trial Consultants is a dynamic Site Management Organisation (SMO), which developed from a successful research site, established in 2000.
Excellentis has evolved into a reputable site management research facility, committed to high ethical standards and service excellence.
Excellentis Clinical Trial Consultants comprises experienced, results-orientated health-care professionals, who are dedicated to providing quality service in managing and conducting clinical trials, covering multiple therapeutic areas and diseases.
Logo & Identity
The Excellentis logo reflects dynamic human movement in providing reliable clinical data, so as to advance new medical treatments, designed to improve the human family’s quality of life.
The logo represents progress, new development, and the human element in interaction between sponsor, CRO and participants.
Excellentis Clinical Trial Consultants is based in George, known as “the heart of the Garden Route” at the foot of the Outiniqua mountains, a stone’s throw from the sea.
The office is located in York Street, approximately 15 minute’s drive from George Airport.
Within a radius of 150 km from George, prominent towns such as Mossel Bay, Oudtshoorn and Knysna provide a significant number of volunteers and participants for clinical research studies.
The area has a well-developed health system, on both private and governmental levels.
A well equipped Phase I Unit, suitable for performing first-in-man or bio-equivalence clinical trials (with overnight facilities for in-house studies), is situated in close proximity.
We have access to accredited Radiological and Pathological services, with extensive experience in clinical trials.